IT & Office Coordinator
Location: Reading, Berkshire, England
Salary: GBP20000 - 25000 per Annum
Job Ref: BRBA0000122A
Posted: 30/03/2021Apply Now
We are seeking a results oriented IT/Office Administrator who has an ability to work alongside our outsourced IT company to provide on- site assistance.
Ideally this will suit a BSc in Computer Science or similar who is wishing to grow into an IT role but happy to carry out office administration along with the IT work.
The role entails taking responsibility to support the Firm with the IT infrastructure, working closely with the external IT Engineers and primarily providing on-site assistance to staff members.
You will be -investigating and installing primarily hardware and some software along with trouble shooting to resolve IT issues of users and maintaining the networks. It is essential to have a good understanding of Cloud based operating systems as, currently, the Company is in the process of migrating all the programmes to the cloud. This will entail ensuring that staff can function well, on a day to day basis with the minimum of disruption.
You will also work closely with the Office Manager and be involved in the general management of the day to day operations of both the Firm in general as well as IT which will include budgeting and other strategic planning in relation to Firm and IT resources.
This role would highly suit an individual who enjoys optimising the performance of an IT infrastructure by taking the time to understand the needs of the business and to find solutions to meet the demands in a cloud based environment.
Whilst the main focus of the role will be the IT related duties you will be expected to carry out a range of other administrative tasks to support the Office Manager and to ensure the smooth running of the business in general.
This role offers true career development and would ideally suit an IT Graduate (or similar) or someone who is very IT literate and will want to grow and develop the role.
IT Administrator Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintaining IT networks alongside the Firm’s outsourced IT company who fully manage the network currently
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and some software.
- Maintaining and updating content on the firm’s intranet (SharePoint).
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control in both Microsoft 365, Firm’s case management system DPS and outsourcing system DictateNow
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimise computer systems.
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data.
- Becoming a “Super User” on all Company software in order to be the “Go To” for any queries and enquries
- Developing data retrieval and recovery procedures.
- Dealing with technical and day-to-day queries from members of staff regarding the firm’s case management system and other programmes.
- Assisting the Office Manager in relation to the renewal of policies, certificates and accreditations across both the general Firm and also specifically IT
IT Administrator Requirements:
- BSc in Computer ( or similar),
- Good understanding of software and hardware, including Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, SharePoint and ideally dictation equipment
- Experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies.
- Ability to implement best practices in IT administration and system security.
- Exceptional organisational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Career orientated and able to grow into the role and with the demands of the Company
- Good keyboard skills with the ability to update processes and procedures, send emails and communications
- Real flexibility to carry out both IT responsibilities and general administration tasks to ensure the smooth running of the business.
If this fantastic opportunity sounds like the role for you then please send your CV via this job board in the first instance or contact elite recruitment on 01628 591800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Apply Now