We have an outstanding opportunity for a Junior Laboratory Scientist to join a rapidly expanding niche science Group of companies that sell within the proteins/reagents and diagnostics markets. Their products are sold to laboratories, research establishments and universities with a global reach of over 53 counties to date. Salary up to £22,000 pa depending on experience. This role is based on the outskirts of Guildford and you will need to be within a commutable distance.
The Junior Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for the preparation of laboratory supplies and providing general support within the laboratory. Your role will include:
• Prepare, label and dispense solutions used for immune assay according to SOPs/work instructions
• Prepare immune assay kits
• Keep supply inventory, discard expired supplies and chemicals, notify supervisor when additional supply must be ordered
• Clean glassware
• Monitor DI water systems
• Perform laboratory cleaning as directed
• Perform other support tasks to support laboratory operations and logistics as directed
• Provide training to new personnel
• Comply with company’s health and safety policies and quality system
The Junior Laboratory Scientist is a key role in the day to day operations of the business and will need have the following skills and experience:
• Graduate degree in science
• Sound scientific background
• Knowledge of procedures, standards and documentation
• Knowledge and applications of safety procedures (e.g. COSHH)
• Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft programs with a specific requirement of intermediate to advanced skills in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Experience of working with ELISA, media preparation, protein & antibody purification would be desdirable but not essential as trainign will be given.
If this sound like the role for you then please send your CV via this job board in the first instance or contact elite recruitment on 01628 591800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.