Senior Sustainability Consultant
Location: Wokingham, Berkshire, England
Salary: GBP30000 - 45000 per Annum
Benefits: Excellent Benefits
Job Ref: ACC0000169
Posted: 10/12/2021Apply Now
Senior Sustainability Consultant, up to £45,000 pa, depending on experience, Hybrid working (Wokingham and Home). Monday – Friday. Excellent benefits package.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior sustainability consultant to join a specialist sustainability consultancy that provides organisations with a range of services to support their environmental and social sustainability. They have a network of clients ranging from multinational corporations to SMEs, government bodies and NGOs. Specialising in Energy management, Zero carbon business strategy, Responsible business management and Social Value creation.
They are based in Wokingham, near Reading, but offer the freedom to combine remote independent working with office-based collaboration and teamwork.
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant you will be passionate about sustainability with previous experience of working within the industry, either in-house sustainability, consultancy services, or within an NGO that operates across the environmental and social spectrum. Discussing how sustainability is managed and embedded across the business, while requesting evidence, being inquisitive and identifying gaps in how an organisation manages its approach. This is not a compliance-based approach, but one that looks to create competitive advantage or sector leadership through improving social and environmental impacts.
- Conduct Responsible Business Assessments against a qualitative framework across different areas of a business
- Benchmark performance against range of standard reporting frameworks and ratings
- Produce audit reports and engage with the client to provide feedback and guidance to help drive improvement
- Be able to interpret corporate reporting data and use the information to identify risks and opportunities
- Support the delivery of clients’ sustainability programmes in collaboration with colleagues
- Develop zero carbon roadmaps including Scope 3 emissions
- Manage people whether as direct reports or members of a project team
As a Senior Sustainability Consultant you will need the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience leading sustainability projects as a consultant or as an in-house corporate sustainability professional
- Extensive experience of conducting audits, identifying gaps in sustainability performance and preparing reports
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliver them to time and budget
- The ability to confidently build and manage client relationships and lead multi-disciplinary teams
- An appreciation of the commercial context of sustainability
- A good understanding of the principles of net zero carbon and science-based targets
- A working knowledge of common reporting frameworks
This is a great opportunity for either an experienced Sustainability Consultant to join an amazing and expanding company. If you think you have what it takes, then please send your CV via this job board in the first instanceApply Now